We make music … happen
Central Coast Music Academy is a community-based, non-profit organization dedicated to providing music education to students ages eight through 14 years old.
Our mission is to instill an appreciation and enthusiasm for music, help children reap the rewards of music and support and enrich the music programs of our schools.
The Academy was formed to ensure the continuation of high quality music education programs in face of the myriad challenges facing our public and private schools … and to provide music education to home-schooled children and teens. Music education is critical to the development of our children.
Did you know?
- Schools that have music programs have significantly higher graduation rates than do those without music programs (90.2% as compared to 72.9%). In addition, those that rate their programs as “excellent or very good” have an even higher graduation rate (90.9 percent). Harris Interactive Inc. (2006), Understanding the Linkages Between Music Education and Educational Outcomes
- On the 2012 SAT, students who participated in music scored an average of 31 points above average in reading, 23 points above average in math, and 31 points above average in writing. College Board SAT, 2012 College-Bound Seniors: Total Group Profile Report.
Formal music instruction helps students in many ways:
- Develops skills required to succeed in the 21st century workforce, including critical thinking, creative problem solving, effective communication and team work
- Keeps students engaged and less likely to drop out of high school
- Improves the atmosphere for learning math, science, reading and other subjects
- Promotes shared ideas and community values across cultures and generations
- Establishes a disciplined human endeavor with intrinsic value to society
Our staff of outstanding music educators has varied backgrounds and extensive experience. Most have over a dozen years of successful experience teaching public and private school students and are certified music teachers.