Central Coast Music Academy is a community-based non-profit organization dedicated to providing music education to area students. Our mission is to instill an appreciation and enthusiasm for music, help children reap the rewards of music and support and enrich existing music programs in the California Central Coast area.
The Academy was formed to ensure the continuation of high quality music education programs in response to the budget challenges facing our public schools. Music education is critical to the development of our children. Formal music instruction helps students in many ways:
- Develops skills required to succeed in the 21st century workforce, including critical thinking, creative problem solving, effective communication and team work
- Keeps students engaged and less likely to drop out of high school
- Improves the atmosphere for learning math, science, reading and other subjects
- Promotes shared ideas and community values across cultures and generations
- Establishes a disciplined human endeavor with intrinsic value to society
Additional information regarding music education can be found at the following Web sites:
Summer Music Camp
Our staff of outstanding music educators is offering several summer music camps this year. The staff has varied backgrounds and extensive experience. All have over a dozen years of successful experience teaching public school students.
Music camp is a fun and affordable way to start or to continue learning music during the summer. Camps last one week and are offered to students eight to 14 years old. CCMA camp is open to beginning students and students who have already played for two or three years in a band or orchestra.
Students will have the opportunity to work with outstanding music educators as they enjoy making music with students from throughout the area.